The GSI Postgraduate and Early Career Network (PECN) was founded in 2017 to represent the interests of postgraduates and early career geographers within the Geographical Society of Ireland.
The GSI Postgraduate and Early Career Network aims to:
- foster communications, both formal and informal, among postgraduates and early career researchers in Ireland in the discipline of Geography or an aligned discipline;
- represent postgraduate students and early career researchers at GSI board and related meetings, as well as more widely within academia;
- circulate information about events, grants and funding opportunities, job vacancies, career training, or any other information that may be relevant to postgraduate students and early career researchers;
- facilitate and organise networking events and training workshops for the postgraduate and early career research community;
- provide career-development opportunities to postgraduates and early career researchers who want to organise academic events and workshops, or through participating in the committee of the group.
Committee: The first inaugural AGM meeting and networking event was held at the Conference of Irish Geographers 2017. At this AGM, the first official GSI PECN committee was voted in. The committee will be elected on an annual basis at the annual meeting of the conference of Irish Geographers. Committee roles can include Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Events Officer, Social Media Officer, Webmaster, and Ordinary Members.
Meet our current Committee 2019-2020!